Home Farm Camping is situated within the Cranborne Chase, an area of outstanding beauty, we have beautiful walks and the Jubilee trail runs through the Farm.
Home Farm is a Family run mixed working Farm in Tarrant Gunville near Blandford Forum, Dorset.
Currently the Farm has its own Free Range livestock and a profusion of Ducks and Chickens as you enter the Farm yard.
Home Farm is perfectly situated within easy reach of lots of local attractions and towns, including historical Salisbury, the Jurassic Coast and the beautiful beach resorts of Bournemouth, Poole and Sandbanks.
On the Farm is also the Award Winning Home Farm Shop and Tearoom offering fantastic local produce, Traditional Farmhouse Breakfast, Lunches and Afternoon Tea.
Camping and Caravanning
Home Farm Camping is a certified site of the Camping and Caravanning Club, we can cater for up to five mobile units and up to ten tents on our site. We have a onsite toilet and two showers, chemical disposal point, and fresh drinking water.
Prices available on request are based on two adult, two children and one unit. There are extra charges for additional persons.
Prices may change Bank Holidays and Great Dorset Steam Fair.
Dogs free of charge, must be kept on a lead at all times.
At Home Farm Camping let us help you celebrate any special occasion
Such as a Birthday or anniversary in style. A taylor made party package for whatever your occasion needs. We also offer an ultimate Hen party Glamping experience. Just contact us with your individual requirements and we will do our very best to help you celebrate in style.
Bell tent Glamping
Our 5m Bell Tents are furnished as stated below:-
• Full carpet flooring, with door mats
• Cushions and rugs
• Low tables
• Small mirror
• Battery fairy lights and wind up lanterns
• Solar fairy lighting outside your bell tent, and of course bunting
• Airbeds as explained above
• Full bedding (pillows, duvets and all linen)
• One cool box and frozen ice packs (these can be exchanged in the Farm Shop for freshly frozen ones)
• Four plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, knifes, forks and spoons
• One single portable gas cooker
• Two saucepan
• One frying pan
• One water carrier
• One washing up bowl
• One BBQ and Fire Pit
• Hot water bottles
• Large porch canopy
Home Farm Yurts
The ‘Copse’ and the ‘Glebe’ are nestled deep in the Dorset countryside, somewhere you can completely relax and experience camping with a difference.
The Yurts are built locally following a traditional Mongolian design; they are set apart from each other so you will never feel rushed or crowded. Each yurt is built on raised wooden platforms. Whatever you choose to do during your visit, you can end the day stargazing by your own log fire.
The ‘Copse’ sleeps 4/5, and equipped to offer a comfortable yet simple way of life, it is decorative and comfortably furnished with futons, wood burner and cutlery. Bed linen and duvets are also included.
The ‘Glebe’ sleeps 2/3, and is furnished as above with double and single futon. Bed linen and duvets are also included.
Near the ‘Copse’ and ‘Glebe’ is your own shared kitchen area, for use only by residents staying in the yurts, which consist of kitchen units, two camping cookers, pots, pans and utensil’s. If however you don’t fancy cooking then just a stones throw away is Home Farm Shop, Why not choose something from the amazing, mouthwatering menu in Abigail’s Kitchen, that includes full Farmhouse English breakfast, light lunches and afternoon teas. And if you are feeling really lazy after a busy day exploring, why not look through the specials menu and have dinner delivered to your yurt door (what could be better?)
What is in your yurt?
* Bed linen, pillows and duvets
* Wood burner and log basket (we will supply you with your first full log basket, some kindling and fire lighters, top ups can be purchased from Home Farm Shop)
* Cool Box – on arrival you will have two or three frozen ice packs in your cool box, when they need re-freezing we will swap them for frozen ones
* Tea, Coffee, Sugar and 1 pint of milk for your first morning warm drink
* Mugs, glasses’, plates and cutlery etc
* Cooking equipment for your BBQ and gas stove
* BBQ and Fire Pit (charcoal, logs and kindling etc available from Home Farm Shop)
* Table and chairs
* Wind up lantern
* Water carrier
* Fire extinguisher
* First aid box
* Table and chairs
* 1 x umbrella
What to bring?
* Towels and toiletries
* Tea Towels, washing up liquid, kitchen cloths
* Waterproofs, wellies, walking boots (as we all know the Great British weather is known to be very unpredictable)
* Torches (for night when the moonlight just isn’t quite enough)
* Check in for the ‘Copse’ and ‘Glebe’ is from 3pm – if arriving late please let us know
* Check out time is 10.30am giving you enough time for a lovely lay in
* No dogs allowed on our yurt stays
* Yurts are an amazing experience for children; we aim to be as child friendly as possible, travel cots available on request, but please could you bring your own bedding for these including sheets